If you're looking to delete your DocuSign account, you may be wondering how to do so without any hassle. Luckily, the process is straightforward and simple. In this article, we will take you through the steps to delete your DocuSign account permanently.
Introduction
DocuSign is a popular electronic signature service that enables businesses and individuals to sign documents electronically. However, you may want to delete your account for a variety of reasons, such as privacy concerns, account inactivity, or a change in business needs. Whatever your reason may be, deleting your DocuSign account is easy.
Step 1: Log in to Your DocuSign Account
To delete your DocuSign account, you can just log in to your account first. If you don't remember your login credentials, you can reset your password by clicking on the "Forgot Password" link on the login page.
Step 2: Navigate to the Account Settings Page
Once you've logged in to your DocuSign account, click on your profile picture in the top right corner of the screen. Now from the drop down menu, select "Go to Admin" to access the Account Settings page.
Step 3: Click on the "Close Account" Button
Now on the Account Settings page, scroll down until you see the "Close Account" button. You can now click on this button to begin the account deletion process.
Step 4: Confirm Account Deletion
After you click on the "Close Account" button, DocuSign will ask you to confirm that you want to delete your account. Click on "Yes" to proceed with the account deletion process.
Step 5: Provide a Reason for Account Deletion (Optional)
DocuSign will ask you to provide a reason for deleting your account. This is an optional step, but providing a reason can help DocuSign improve its services in the future. Choose a reason from the drop-down menu and click on "Submit."
Step 6: Verify Your Email Address
DocuSign will send a verification email to the email address associated with your account. Check your email inbox and click on the verification link to confirm that you want to delete your account.
Step 7: Account Deletion Complete
After clicking on the verification link, your DocuSign account will be permanently deleted. You will receive a confirmation email from DocuSign stating that your account has been closed.
Conclusion
Deleting your DocuSign account is a simple process that can be completed in just a few easy steps. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can delete your account and ensure that your information is no longer stored on DocuSign's servers.
FAQs
Can I reactivate my DocuSign account after deleting it?
- No, once your DocuSign account has been deleted, it cannot be reactivated.
Will my documents be deleted when I delete my DocuSign account?
- No, your documents will remain on DocuSign's servers even after your account has been deleted. However, your personal information and account details will be permanently removed.
How long does it take for DocuSign to delete my account?
- Account deletion is usually processed within 24 hours. However, it may take up to 72 hours for your account to be completely removed from DocuSign's servers.
Will I receive a refund if I delete my DocuSign account?
- No, DocuSign does not offer refunds for account cancellations or deletions.
What happens if I have an active subscription when I delete my DocuSign account?
Your subscription will be automatically canceled when you delete your DocuSign account. However, if you have paid for a subscription, you will not be eligible for a refund for the remaining time on your subscription.
- Can I delete my DocuSign account if I have pending documents to sign?
Yes, you can delete your account even if you have pending documents to sign. However, you will not be able to access those documents once your account is deleted, so make sure to complete any pending tasks before closing your account.
- What happens to documents I've sent or signed after I delete my DocuSign account?
Your signed documents will remain available to the other parties who have access to them. However, any unsigned documents that you have sent will be deleted when your account is deleted.
- Can I delete my DocuSign account on my mobile device?
Yes, you can delete your DocuSign account on your mobile device. The process is similar to deleting your account on a desktop computer. Simply log in to your account on your mobile device and follow the steps outlined in this article.
- What if I change my mind after I've deleted my DocuSign account?
Unfortunately, once your DocuSign account has been deleted, it cannot be restored. If you change your mind about deleting your account, you will need to create a new account and start from scratch.
In conclusion, deleting your DocuSign account is a straightforward process that can be completed in just a few easy steps. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can ensure that your personal information and account details are no longer stored on DocuSign's servers. If you have any additional questions or concerns, be sure to reach out to DocuSign's customer support team for assistance.

